SMART Goals are a way of describing goals for individuals in an organization using a mnemonic:
- Specific: the goal needs to be described closed enough to be easily understood and defined
- Measurable: the goal needs to be easily measured so that delivery can be checked-off
- Achievable: the goal needs to be something the individual can realistically deliver
- Relevant: the goal needs to be appropriate to the individuals growth and team mission
- Timebound: the goal needs a deadline.
When all these qualities are satisfied the goal should be easy to track, measure, deliver, and understand.
- By end of year 2023 I will have introduced the r9y map to my organization and assesed our key products against it, generating specific maps for each, tracking updates on a quarterly basis.